Fall colors in Ohio brings some great comfort food and you can make this great tasting chilli with chicken instead of beef cutting fat and calories!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 large onion medium diced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and medium diced
- 3 clove garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 43 oz water
- 2 6oz cans tomato paste
- 2 1/2 TBSP mild chilli powder (for spicy chilli use hot chilli powder
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 small can mild green chili’s
- 3/4 TBSP kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
In a large pot sweat the onions and sweet potato until translucent.
Add the ground chicken and brown until cooked through. add the spice mix, stir and cook another 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, green chilis and water and the tomato paste.
Bring to a slow simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
Top with a little sour cream and cheddar and serve with some corn bread and you have a fall feast!